Due to successful and continuous growth. We are currently looking for a commercial vehicle and tail lift mobile engineer to join our highly skilled and knowledgeable Aftercare Response team.
Areas: Scotland – (Glasgow & Edinburgh) West Midlands – Cambridge shire – London & South East - Newbury
The full time, permanent positions are an excellent opportunity for an experienced and ambitious tail lift mobile engineer and will set you up for long-term career prospects at Aftercare Response. You will be set up with your own vehicle and tools to attend breakdowns, repairs and servicing.
We are industry leaders, who are recognised for providing market-leading breakdown and response services across the UK.
Applicants must have experience of servicing and repairing all makes of tail lift including passenger lifts and shutter doors. Knowledge of commercial vehicle bodies, including curtain-side, dropside, box, truck, glass carriers would be advantageous.
We will provide you with 'on the job' training to ensure you can work autonomously and produce the highest standard of work.
We are keen to meet candidates who can work as part of a team but are also comfortable working independently and safely with minimal supervision.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Deliver quality work in good timescales, working to manufacturers guidelines and estimated quoted timescales
- Carry out fault diagnosis, routine services, and repairs on tail lifts
- Inspect equipment to meet the specified standards and ensure durability
- Ensure the surrounding work area is a safe environment for themselves and others, who may be in close proximity, and to continually monitor the conditions as each job evolves
- Comply with the company's health and safety rules and regulations and ensure the correct PPE is worn/used throughout
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area and ensure all tooling and specialist equipment is tested and compliant in line with company policy
- Adhere to health and safety standards and policies
- Working to an on-call rota and regular overtime available
- Qualified welder to BS4872 Standard or equivalent industry-recognised standard with a minimum of two years' experience (required)
- LOLER qualified (required)
- Experience of working with a range of commercial vehicle bodies, including curtain-side, dropside, box, truck, glass carriers
- Ability to use a variety of tools and equipment
- Basic mathematical skills and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and to deadlines
- Understanding blueprints, wiring diagrams and specifications
- Maintaining accuracy and coordination
- Good self-starter with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well as part of a team and also under your own initiative, when required
- Knowledge of the latest industry safety practices
- Confident in communication with customer facing situations
- Committed to high levels of quality work output
With more than 44 years' experience, more than 50 highly qualified engineers and 100 UK approved agents, Aftercare Response, which is part of Bevan Group, offers the most extensive and highest standard of commercial vehicle services around.
We offer excellent working conditions and a friendly, inspiring culture that's echoed throughout the company.
Salary/hourly rate is in accordance with your experience.
We operate a 24/7 roadside assistance service, so our hours of work are varied. If appointed, out of hours work will be agreed at the start of contract.